Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Happy February Day To You



Hello this chilly February day, so very nice of you to come for a visit.  I wish you a Happy Tuesday!  I have been busy, I finished the set of place mats and table topper to match, as well as cooking, and speaking with family and friends for hours using a free service called Skype.


Skype is wonderful, do you use it?  It is a free service over the internet which allows people such as me to afford long distance as well as video calling to family and friends around the world, and if you don't use Skype or a similar service which is free, you may want to investigate it for yourself.  I have sat for hours sewing with my friend while chatting away and it was so much fun to sit and sew with my friend even though she and I were not physically in the same room....

The birds are also visiting on a regular basis (because I continue to feed them, LOL) but I am running out of bird seed at the moment and so I spread peanut butter over stale bread and each evening the feeders are empty.  There is a family of woodpeckers, and today one of the young fellows just didn't seem to want to eat and run, he stuck around the whole afternoon, pecking away to get at the peanut butter and when that was finally all gone, he's been pecking away at the seeds under a layer of ice, he made quite the racket with his constant pecking, as did some of the larger Blue Jays.  I managed to his at the back door so I could get a few good photo's to share with you, but I could tell he sensed me there and finally flew off. 

Isn't he cute for a young fellow? 
What a cutie
Wary of my presence
Time to hack out those seeds!

I've still a few projects to complete, but I am champing at the bit to try a new quilt pattern which I discovered at Red Pepper Quilts, she has put together a wonderful and easy to do pieced border quilt tutorial, I thank Rita for this tutorial.
Red Pepper Quilts Tutorial for this very fresh looking Pieced Border Quilt.
The fabrics I bought from Missouri Star Quilt Co. are I think just perfect a combination for this pretty fresh looking quilt.

I never seem to get enough of looking at others quilts and am in awe of so many quilters.  The pattern and color choices are so varied and are all so very pretty, I have yet to come across a quilt I did not like. 

BEFORE I close today, I would like to point out that I have made it simpler for anyone wishing to leave a comment on my posts from here on out.  I removed the need for work verification and anyone may post, no moderating required.  PLEASE, if you would like to leave a comment, I would be thrilled.

Time to say cheerio for this afternoon, I sincerely hope you've had a pleasant visit with me today.  
God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily.  ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your opinions, your viewpoint, your thoughts, ideas and opinions are of interest to me, leaving a comment with your e-mail address will ensure that I reply to you. If you are a no mail responder, I will leave a response in this Comment Section