Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Rainy Day here in Eastern Ontario and an Art Quilter

It has been raining here since early last evening.  Throughout the entire night I could here the rain dropping on the roof and splashing against the windows, such a wonderful sound. This soothing song of the rain is wonderful and is washing away the mountains of snow which covered our area since late October, and since I have been yearning for Ms. Spring to show herself, the rain is a welcome visitor. 

While surfing through the Janome site seeking information, I came across this wonderful quilter, Terry Aske, of Vancouver, B.C. and was thrilled to see her read all about her Art, actually, her Art Quilts.   Co-incidentally one of her art quilts depicts people standing/walking under umbrellas on a rainy day....Did you know she has completed over 100 quilts?  Amazing!! 


"Rainy Day People"   

The one quilt shown in this particular post, which blew me away was "Even Trees Get The Blues".  So meticulous, so very beautifully created and quilted.  I fell in love with this piece.  Then upon reading further I came across her 3D "Rainy Day People" art quilt.  what a wonderful use of her choice of colors.   Finishing this particular post written about Terry by Liza Frica for Janome I followed a link provided to Terry's personal site where you can personally become acquainted with her by clicking here.  It is here you will get a look into Terry's studio and become familiar with her and how she approaches her works of Art in the medium of fabric, color and texture.  

Time now for me to sew my way, never will I be a Terry Aske, or a Bonnie Hunter, but I satisfy myself and this is what matters to all people who craft in one medium or another, don't you think?

Thank you for stopping in, I hope you enjoyed your visit and if you have the time bookmark Terry's site to experience some visual art through Terrys' Quilts and her thought process. 

Each day comes bearing its own gifts.  Untie the ribbons.  ~Ruth Ann Schabacker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your opinions, your viewpoint, your thoughts, ideas and opinions are of interest to me, leaving a comment with your e-mail address will ensure that I reply to you. If you are a no mail responder, I will leave a response in this Comment Section