Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love is in the Air Today



Happy Valentine's Day, the entire day is devoted to LOVE!!!!

I apologize for not posting the last few days, I have a friend visiting and have also been resting my back, because the back and hip problems have returned with a vengeance. 

TODAY being valentine's day makes me want to shout to all the people's of the world, hey, lets Love one another and make a long and lasting peace!!!!  Wouldn't it be great to annually celebrate PEACE DAY?

Thinking of peace, led me to look for some special quilt to share with you today and I believe I have found a very special quilt. 
 It is called the RED CROSS Quilt, and a free pattern can be had for this quilt, should you be interested in it.  The history of the quilt is interesting, and we all realize just how very loving and kind the people who work and volunteer for the RED CROSS can be.  It seems these quilts also raise much needed additional funds for the organization and the important work it carries out.

Since today is Valentines Day, the one day in each year that reflects on sharing love one individual has for another, it seemed somehow fitting to sort of single out one of the thousands of organizations that shares its love for humanity.

A unique and different slant on a heart quilt can be found over at What A Hoot! Quilts you will see a pictures of a very pretty quilt which looks black and white with rainbow motif hearts on it, very, very pretty and different from many of the heart quilt patterns we normally see.  I even pinned it on Pinterest.   Look around this Blog, there you will see variations of this specific quilt.  A very interesting Blog it is too! 

Not only do I love the art of quilting, but, cake decorating is also a favorite for me.  Not that I bake cakes and can decorate them, far from it, I am not capable to decorating a cake, but, I am a fan of Buddy Valastro, the Cake Boss from Hoboken, N.J., you know, at Carlo's Bakery and with a few television shows to his credit?  Since it is Valentines Day and since sweets like chocolate are a special item today, why not go and visit Carlo's Bakery Grab & Go page, I put on the pounds just looking at all of these tasty treats.  I especially love it when every once in awhile, during the series, Buddy decorates a wedding cake! ..he does such a fantastic job decorating.

Time for me to make an effort to tidy up and have a nice hot shower to give my back a treat this morning.  Staying under the hot water long enough to provide me with the stamina to sit and sew for awhile.  

Have a wonderful Valentines day today and don't eat all of your sweets at one sitting, save some for me, please?  

There must be quite a few things that a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them.  ~Sylvia Plath


1 comment:

Thank you for your opinions, your viewpoint, your thoughts, ideas and opinions are of interest to me, leaving a comment with your e-mail address will ensure that I reply to you. If you are a no mail responder, I will leave a response in this Comment Section