Thursday, April 10, 2014

Phew!  I have been busy this morning doing something I really wanted to take care of but didn't plan on it starting it today, Spring Cleaning!!

I am washing bed linens, curtains, windows and cleaning my floors when really I think I should be sewing....
I have the wash hanging outside and it's dried already, what with the heavy winds we are getting here today it took no time at all to dry.  I am anticipating that delicious scent on the bed linens and how nice it will to climb between those scented sheets tonight when I finally make my way to sleep!  Finally I think Ms. Spring is fighting with ole man Winter to make her appearance and from the look of it today, she might finally be winning.

Do you do that?  Begin something you totally hadn't planned on starting! 

In the back of my mind I thought I would make a start at the spring cleaning next week, but then the Masters Golf Tournament 1st Round begins today and I really, really want to watch it all the way to its conclusion this year.  One of these years I might just visit Augusta.  Georgia is so beautiful at this time of year, with its shrubs and flowers as well as the forest of trees are always filled glorious color.  

I have acquired some golf themed fabrics from an estate sale, sort of vintage wouldn't you say?  I really wanted to buy the Bernina 850, but someone beat me to it....

I did make a few bags from this vintage fabric and a few even ended up being listed in my Etsy Shop.



Now I am creating a carry bag for little boys made from firefighting themed fabric.  Thought I might make one so that their little cars could be stored in there for any out of the house trips or play dates.  Little preschoolers love to carry their favorite little play toys with them, so I am attempting to make a medium sized little carry all for preschool boys and girls.  Little girls love to cart their little princess toys and dollies too.  What do you think, might these be a hit?

Time for me to bid you adieu and I hope to see you here again.  

May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.  May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.  May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue.  And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.  ~Irish Blessing



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your opinions, your viewpoint, your thoughts, ideas and opinions are of interest to me, leaving a comment with your e-mail address will ensure that I reply to you. If you are a no mail responder, I will leave a response in this Comment Section