Thursday, January 31, 2013

ACCOMPLISHMENTS TODAY

Hey there, what freakish and weird weather we are having in my part of the country, from the tv it also sounds as if this isn't the only place for weird weather.   The winds are howling here and every so often the roaring sound sounds like a huge eighteen wheeler is ready to barrel on through the house, oh my, but these winds are sure powerful today and while yesterday was so warm temperature wise, it plunged this morning and seems colder somehow. 

I have been busy today and accomplished more today than I have all of last week!

I made my full crockpot full of stew yesterday, mmmmmmmm it turned out just yummy!

Today I made a huge bowl of my favorite marinated salad, so easy and quick to make and such a nice add to recipe if you wish to change it up!  
Cauliflower, broccoli and red onion, but you can keep adding to it with any of your favorite veggies, even some crispy bacon or your favorite nuts.... Delicious!!

IF anyone would like this recipe, I am happy to share it with you.  Dead easy to make up and as I said so yummy.......

I had myself a wonderful hot and soothing shower, what with my leg as bad as it is I flt I needed the heat to help me get along today, then, I gave myself a fresh hairdo, then proceeded to do a load of washing, fed the feathered friends, and fed myself lunch of veggies and fruit.   Then I also received the gift of a video and a snap shot of my new granddaughter today, what a thrill, so thank you so much my darling daughter-in-law for this gift today.

Finally, I actually sewed this afternoon and am on my third place mat to match the  table topper.  Soon these will be completed and I may give myself permission to begin a new project. LOL, I am really making an effort to complete projects one at a time because like so many others who sew and who quilt, we tend to have too many irons in the fire.  I promised myself to make every effort to finish one project before allowing myself to begin another this year.. How about you, are you finishing one project at a time, or, as I was last year and before have more than two or three projects on the go?  

I am into the making of place mats and table runners/toppers lately, but I do so want to get my fabrics out and play with them and hopefully change my direction and make up a baby quilt as friends are expecting their first baby and I would like to have that gift finished and on its way to them before they welcome baby.  Something  easy like this one

When I awoke this morning I had the feeling that I was finally waking up from a rather long sleep, even though my name is not Rapunzel and my hair isn't long, but I did feel like I had more energy than I have had in months, maybe this means I am healing?  Ya think?

Time to get something to eat so I shall have a huge bowl of stew with some fresh 12  grains baked bread, then, off to put my feet up and inspect the couch and my book that I am currently into the middle of, I promised that if I accomplished what I had today that I would spend a little more time reading, so it is reward reading time for me this evening. 

THANK  you so very much for stopping in to share some of your precious time with me today and I do so hope you will leave a comment, it would be nice to meet you!

Life is uncertain.  Eat dessert first.  ~Ernestine Ulmer




1 comment:

  1. Good post. I am going through some of these issues as
    well..

    My blog - how to lose weight quick

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your opinions, your viewpoint, your thoughts, ideas and opinions are of interest to me, leaving a comment with your e-mail address will ensure that I reply to you. If you are a no mail responder, I will leave a response in this Comment Section