Monday, January 21, 2013

VISITORS

I can't believe it is Monday once again, seems the older I get the faster time seems to fly by!
Speaking about flying, since moving to my own home I have been feeding the birds, and am so enjoying all who come to eat at my feeder.  There are Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal, The Bluejay clan, Woodpeckers young and old, Chickadees, Nuthatches, sparrows and another smaller bird whose body is almost totally black until near its tail where the coloring melds into gray, absolutely fantastic to see them all up close, closer than I have ever been able to see birds such as these before. 


IT is so very thrilling to see these birds come calling.  Apparently they are song birds which have several different melodies, but which I have yet to hear, possibly I am not listening too carefully.  If your interested in knowing more about these beauties, just click on this link......  This will take you to the Canadian Encyclopedia site.

There are many Chickadees who come calling each and every day right up until dark.


A rather large Blue Jay, isn't he beautiful?

Eating at one of my Suet Balls I made for all birds of the neighborhood this past Christmas

Since being sick before Halloween and on into Christmas in 2012 I was not able to drive my car, sit properly in a chair or even felt the desire to sew.  However today the bug has hit and I am off in search of batting needed for a project I have been asked to do.  
Have you seen the latest Tutorial from Jenny at The Missouri Star Quilt Co., this is so easy and a terrific way to use up scraps and from the look of it takes little or hardly any time at all to achieve.

Thank you for sharing some of your time with me today, hoping to see you tomorrow and to share more with you then.  In the meantime.......

A bird does not sing because it has an answer.  It sings because it has a song.  ~Chinese Proverb




1 comment:

Thank you for your opinions, your viewpoint, your thoughts, ideas and opinions are of interest to me, leaving a comment with your e-mail address will ensure that I reply to you. If you are a no mail responder, I will leave a response in this Comment Section