Thursday, August 1, 2013

It's All A Matter Of Perception

It seems like it was only yesterday when I was wishing for spring and summer to arrive!  It has been raining since last night and very heavily all morning and into the afternoon.  The summers of my youth just do not seem to be happening anymore, or could it be my memories are failing me?  This morning near 10 a.m. it could have passed for 9 p.m. that is how dark it was.  It has done nothing but rain for most of this summer around here and I am not liking it, how about you?


Have you noticed, the stores are showing fall fashions and pushing brands for back to school, reminding people that it won't be long now before the new school year begins and praying the profits rise before the onslaught of the Christmas season which will in all likelihood begin to appear in commercials this coming October....already I have seen ads for Christmas in July - like we all have an abundance of ready extra cash to throw about.  Yea yea yea I will take a dozen of those and a gross of the other.....Why not a back to giant back to Quilting sale for us quilters?  I'd enjoy that, wouldn't you?
However, I am remaining calm about the whole Christmas thing, what about you? LOL

I guess you could say it is all a matter of perception!!!!

More than likely come mid November I will be in a panic because I never followed through to complete the so called plans to put under someone's tree..

I tidied up my sewing area, set the two tops I have completed aside to be sandwiched and quilted sometime later (they call this procrastination) and set the scraps neatly away in their containers and while doing that came across a very pretty remnant I found last year.  Now I realize I should finish those two quilt tops, but today I just don't feel like working on them so gave myself permission to begin quilting a huge piece of this fabric for a new project.  I am one of those who cannot afford nor have I come across any decent sales on pre-quilted fabrics so I must make my own and knowing I have control I can quilt that piece any way I choose.  
DO you quilt your own fabrics before turning it into something deliciously fantastic to give away?  I so enjoy quilters who go all out and are creative with their quilting.

Leah Day of "The Free Motion Quilting Project" is one of my quilter heroines....she is so inspirational and motivates me to try new and different ideas while learning something new at the same time.  If you have not visited her blog, you can visit her by clicking here.....She's such fun to follow!!!!  

This is the colorful piece I am working on.  Bright red, gold, purple and black with hints of white, isn't it wild?  Wild can be useful and am thinking a large tote!  Time to make some more totes and other baggie items.  I believed I still have inventory, but no the bin is empty. 

Do you shop for those unusual pieces of remnant fabrics?  I simply love hoking about a remnant bin trying to find that one of a kind piece I may never have seen before. Sometimes I walk around a very long time before I feel ready to pick it out and begin working with it, it is like I just said, I got this piece last year and have seen it many times when in the fabric drawer but just never found that idea for it. 

Look what I just found on Facebook!!!  Isn't she just so cute?  LaCrosse anyone?

Time to say cheers to you for today and I hope your day is turning out to be very pleasant and enjoyable no matter what it is your doing.  Do your best to make it HAPPY.

Maybe we should develop a Crayola bomb as our next secret weapon.  A happiness weapon.  A beauty bomb.  And every time a crisis developed, we would launch one.  It would explode high in the air - explode softly - and send thousands, millions, of little parachutes into the air.  Floating down to earth - boxes of Crayolas.  And we wouldn't go cheap, either - not little boxes of eight.  Boxes of sixty-four, with the sharpener built right in.  With silver and gold and copper, magenta and peach and lime, amber and umber and all the rest.  And people would smile and get a little funny look on their faces and cover the world with imagination.  ~Robert Fulghum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your opinions, your viewpoint, your thoughts, ideas and opinions are of interest to me, leaving a comment with your e-mail address will ensure that I reply to you. If you are a no mail responder, I will leave a response in this Comment Section